Greatly improved communication speeds. About 10 times faster than the original DCD, if used with the Enhanced Site Control Unit (ESCU) or NetDCD.
Millennium NetDCD Problems
Quick setup steps:
1) Connect power and the Ethernet connection to the board
2) Connect to the board using the Configuration Utility (admin/password=admin/admin)
3) Change the DHCP mode to no, and assign a pre-determined IP address
4) Assign the correct gateway & subnet mask addresses
5) Ensure remote host is set to 0.0.0.0 (used in 90% of installations) unless using controller to host function – if so, enter the IP address of the server as the remote host; in the software, use “controller to host.”
6) Change the “Owner ID” to what matches the “Controller Owner ID” precisely, or highlight the default “Owner ID,” “Demo. Not for resale”, delete it, then hit save. The board will then connect with any Millennium access control system that tries to communicate with it first.
(The “Controller Owner ID” can be found under Hardware Configuration)
“The IP address, subnet mask, and gateway are all set correctly, but the site still isn’t coming online in the software”
A) Check the “Owner ID” and ensure that it is, character for character, the same as the “Controller Owner ID” in the software.
B) Restart all Ultra services from the diagnostics menu.
C) Make sure that the “online” box is enabling for the site controller in the programming.
D) Check that another device hasn’t already taken the IP address on the network.
E) Check that the Mac Address / IP Address isn’t blocked/is allowed on the network.
F) Check the encryption settings, that they are off or matching the software correctly.
G) Check if the remote host is entered correctly in the board configuration.
“The configuration settings will not save after changing them, then clicking the save button.”
A) Instead of using the web interface, use the configuration utility.
B) If this error is happening with using the configuration utility, download the latest version.
“The board does not appear on the list of devices when hitting search in the configuration utility”
A) Factory default the board by following the complete install/hardware guide, Mgiaccess.com
B) Ensure that the network is not blocking the MAC address.
C) Ensure that the computer firewall trying to connect with the board is turning off.
D) Ensure the computer trying to connect with the board is within the IP range of 192.168.0.XXX as after the panel is factory defaulted. The IP address becomes static @ 192.168.0.254
“The doors or one door is not coming online.”
A) Ensure that the door address programmed in the NetDCD is not conflicting with the physical rotary address of another DCD, if a door, and SCU if a site.